Tuesday, March 11, 2014
This is my latest cloth book for the babies. (I always make two.) It's easier to take pictures before I sew the pages into the cover. These babies are felt, and the pages are heavy pellon. I have used buttons, beads, ribbon and embroidery for the details. The trick is to use what you already have on hand, if you can. At times I have used patterned felt. I brush powdered blush onto the babies' cheeks. I have frayed the yarn to make finer hair.
This is the cover. I used regular cloth with a pellon insert to stiffen it.
Patterns ( I realized I forgot to fix the arm on the hugging baby. Please do make the arms the same size. :s)
Friday, March 7, 2014
So I made a pincushion just for putting these kinds of needles in, and then I felt like it needed something more to protect me from all the sharp ends when it is in my "project case". By coincidence it fit exactly into the traveling case you buy for soap. I got mine for 97 cents at WalMart and it even matched the scraps I used to make the needle cushion.
I am really glad I did this. It makes my projects go more smoothly.