Monday, August 31, 2015


I decided to make bandaids for my little 2 year old granddaughter's "Doc McStuffin's" kit. I cut out 2 pieces of material for each bandaid, whatever size you want. I slightly rounded the corners and sewed around them, right sides together and leaving about an inch or so open to turn and then blind stitch closed. Before sewing closed, however, I slipped in a square of felt to give body to the center, like a real bandaid has. I then sewed a small heart button in the center of each one, then sewed another white piece of felt on the other side for the bandaid part. I sewed small pieces of velcro on each end to fasten the bandaid. These bandaids work for dolls legs and arms, and note that Lambie has a smaller one on her wrist.
My little granddaughter has had fun doctoring her dolls today with them.

Friday, August 21, 2015


I have several items that need special laundering, such as line dry shirts. I am always afraid I will throw one into the dryer one day and decided I needed a reminder board. I had seen boards with tin on them at the second hand store quite often, so went there looking for something. What I found instead was this wood frame ( never used nor painted) and a piece of tin that fits the back of it. I have a whole bag of little wood pieces that my youngest daughter found at a yard sale for me, so used some of that to make the magnets. (The magnets were also in that bag my daughter found me.) I made 3 magnets to fir my laundering needs : Lay flat, Line dry, and Dry with tennis balls. When I have an item that needs one of those instructions, I will put the magnet on the washer as a reminder. I haven't attached the tin piece yet, but when I do, I will be excited to put this in my laundry room.
I painted this with acrylic paints, and spray coated it with a clear acrylic finish.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015


Sometimes I get these little bees in my bonnet and make things like this. :) I had the idea to make the Big Book of Boo Boos for an almost  2 year old granddaughter who is crazy about Doc McStuffins right now, and this is what I came up with:
This is a little purple notebook I bought at WalMart for 97 cents. I had some glittery hearts from last year's valentine project, which came in a package from the Dollar Tree.
Here are the pages:
I copied these on cardstock, cut them into pieces for the pages and glued them in. I did not glue anything on the backs of the pages. Also, the cardstock does not fill the page, so if you want it to, run off the pictures, cut them out and position them onto typing paper for your master. You can also just use paper, but I wanted the pages a little stiffer since my granddaughter is young.
I did some pictures at the end that don't have a diagnosis on them, but the others are actually Doc's names for the condition. I had fun with this and decided to share with anyone else who might be interested in doing this.

Saturday, August 1, 2015


I went yard-saling today and found a yard of pink and white checked material for $1. I decided to make aprons from it to match the little kitchen play set my granddaughter inherited from her cousins who have outgrown it.
I don't know how to make a pattern to download for this, but you can pretty much see how it is done by the picture. I did double the cloth when I cut it out and sewed around the edges, leaving the hem to turn it all right side out. Then I hemmed it. I sewed the straps and pocket afterwards, and added flower buttons at the top and a ladybug button on the pocket for fun. The straps at the waist and the strap around the neck are the same length.