Saturday, March 12, 2016

LOOK & FIND

Okay, every family and their dog has one of these for church, right? I saw a heavy plastic material in a remnant bin and bought it, then kept worrying if my sewing machine could actually sew it and not have it leak. Then I had this idea, a pencil case. The filling is the filling they sell to make beanie toys, bought at a craft store. I had various small items already, a couple of squinkies, some novelty buttons and small toys I'd picked up here and there, also a few glue on gems. I will admit I carefully arranged some on top for you to see in  this picture, but the filler shifts and different items reveal themselves, Right now I have the zipper kept shut with a safety pin, but I am going to remove the zipper pull and try to jam the zipper some other way. This is a cute idea for church, doctor's office or anywhere you want to focus your child in a quiet activity, and my way was an easy way to make it. FYI I have also seen it done with rice, but I don't like the look as well,

1 comment: