Friday, February 7, 2014

NEEDLEBOOKS









I made this needlebook out of felt (pages) and cotton material with a piece of felt added inside for stability, but if I was making another one, I would use heavy pellon. I actually made one for my sister-in-law as part of her Christmas present, and it was the favorite one I made, but I didn't take a picture of it. It's pages were similar to the 2nd pattern sheet, but the cover was made of blue felt with a white square on the front. I embroidered forget-me-knots in that white square. 
I had never heard of needlebooks until about a year ago, but I like having one and knowing where my needles are, and they are easy to find now.
I think the patterns are self-explanatory. I could not get clearer photos, no matter how hard I tried, so I apologize for that. I don't know if the room was too bright or what, but maybe you can kinda/sorta tell what the pages look like.
 Just use up your odds and ends of lace, trim and ribbon, with a few buttons or sew-on gems here and there.

3 comments:

  1. I love mine and use it all the time. I have a weird habit of leaving my needles threaded with embroidery thread, and then I just pick out the needle that is threaded with the color that I want. So my book is full of needles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that same weird habit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter keeps getting into mine!

    ReplyDelete